BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 24, 2007

We made it to China!

Our journey began at the Mobile Airport after a night of not much sleep. I think I had a strong case of the nerves. Dad took us there and we met up with Pat the director of Children of the World. She along with Doris, their Chinese liaison, will be helping us navigate our way around China.

From Mobile, we went to Memphis and then on to Minneapolis where we caught our flight to Tokyo. (Here we met a lovely flight attendant named Becky. She was terrific making sure we had everything we needed to be comfortable.) Luckily we did not get thrown off this flight as mother tried to take the off the restroom. What part of "push" does she not understand. Luckily a nice Asian man came to her rescue.) In Tokyo we met up with the 2 other families that are traveling with us to pick up their boys. Then directly on to Beijing.

Our flights were great and I managed to get some good sleep in on the way. We decided to go biz class which I must say was a saving grace. Being in a plane for over 12 hours at a stretch is taxing on one both mentally and physically.

Not too much to report other than we made it to our hotel the Sino Swiss - Beijing, right along side the Beijing airport. We got in about 11 p.m. last night and now have woken up promptly at 5 a.m. as our internal clocks are a bit messed up.

Today we are off to the Great Wall and then depart at 8 p.m. tonight for Nanjing (formally known as Nanking). In the morning is when Isabell and I will have our first meeting. I am so excited and overwhelmed.

Enjoy the pics! I did not bother with one ounce of make up (perhaps I should have) so what you see is what you get. Please enjoy my inner beauty!


P.S. Over the next few days I may get a little verbose as I want to remember everything I can for Isabell.




6 comments:

Bo, Becky, and Sophie said...

So glad to see you made it safely!! Can't wait to see the pictures of Gotcha Day. Isabell is a very lucky girl to have such a great mom!

Laurie said...

Am thinking of you, Mary Catherine and Isabell every day. Will keep watching for your updates. Lots of love to all, Laurie

Donna said...

Okay. This is take 2. I hadn't registered to blog yet. However, I just realized that it's between 7:15 and 7:30 on the day you will be seeing your daughter for the first time in person. Wow. I know it's love already but no one will know just how you feel the first time you get to see and call and hold Isabell as her mom. I'm glad your mom is with you. May mother, mother and daughter continue to have an amazing journey (and maybe a little more sleep!) Congratulations and much love to all of you and all those you travel with who are also adopting. My family and I wish all of you much joy in the years ahead.

Donna

hngsmom said...

I can only wholeheartedly agree with Donna's words--no one knows exactly what it feels like to be a mom until you hold your baby for the very first time!
We are following along on this amazing journey and we can't wait until you all return to Mobile.
Counting down the days....
Love,
Beth

Anne Hartman said...

I am so excited for you, Martha! Your update gave my Thanksgiving this year such a special meaning. I can't imagine all the emotions you are experiencing these days, and through it all extremely jet lagged! God bless you and Isabell. Can't wait to see more pictures. What's your mailing address?

Anne Hartman

Anonymous said...

So glad Grandmary gave us the website a few weeks ago.Martha ,Isabellan is precious!!!!Cody and I look every day for new pictures .Thanks for sharing this precious time with us. Give Isabellan a hug and kiss for me and her cousin cody cody sends his love to you and Issabllan and grandmary .
- Mrs. Glo