BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Getting to know Isabell An






Well we are on day 4 and here is what I know about my daughter...







  • She is determined - sleep is not her thing (Ok, for all of you who know me you can laugh now. I know I will never sleep in again on a Saturday morning for a long time.)

  • She is a thinker - she takes everything in and observes. She loves to play with her fingers and is now learning about toys and the sounds they make and how she can manipulate them.

  • She is very curious - When we have gone on trips - like to the silk factory and walking around our hotel here in Nanjing - she is constantly looking around and taking it all in.

  • Eating - this has been a challenge due to the cleft palette, but we are learning. I finally got some rice cereal in by mixing it with milk and making the bottle opening bigger. She does not naturally put things in her mouth. I don't think she hurts, but I think she if sensitive. She also may still be cutting some teeth. She has 5.

  • She likes to play and when she laughs it is just about the cutest thing ever. Because of no palette it is this little kind of "huh-uh" sound that resonates.

  • Bathing - we had our first true bath today. She took it with six rubber duckies and she loved the squeaky sound. She did not cry and that made mom real happy.

Well it is 10:30 a.m. here and we are trying to take our morning nap and guess who is crying? We cry with our eyes shut and we wind up and then wind down and wind up and wind down. I also think this is a time when she is going through some of her grieving process of leaving all she knows. That is the part that breaks my heart. This is a hard journey for her. Say a prayer for this sweet little angel. Thank you.

Here are some more pics of my Sweet Baby...






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha,
I know you guys are very busy and we here thank you for the update. I can't tell you how many times I checked today for a report. Isabell is adorable and looks so happy. We can't wait to meet her. She will continue to amaze you every day. Sleeping late to me now is 8:00! You will adjust in time. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Kim, Nathan, & Garrett

Julie Parr said...

Oh Martha--God is sooooo good! Prayers have been answered. It is so good to finally see you and Isabell together. She is absolutely precious! This bring back so many memories of our journey for Olivia. Enjoy every second of this journey! Please give your mother a hug for me.

God Bless
Julie