BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Poop...it's a wonderful thing!

Pooping. Not something I have thought about much, but I must say after the last 3 days it has been a hot topic in my life. Often times when the children come from the orphanages it takes 2 to 3 days for them to have poop. Well, Isabell, as one might say, was getting down to the 11th hour and mom was getting very upset that no poop appeared.

So, after giving her her first sepository. (May I just say that was a blast. Sticking a little slimmy thing up my poor daughters behind...not for the fain of heart. But, I did.) And being my daughter and one with some really personality what does she do? She just pooped it out a half hour later with NO poop attached.

Ok, so not one myself to give up or be defeated, and as I am learning she comes from the same ilk, I filled her up with juice to help promote a gastro explosion. No luck.

But today, after 10 hours of sleep lots of milk/cereal and juice, this morning she produced the most lovely, perfectly round piece of poop I have ever seen in my life. About the size of a small rubber bouncy ball. I was never so happy.

And as an extra added bonus a few hours later she produced a snowman of poop. Yes, a snowman. Three round balls of poop one smaller than the next right on top each other. Frosty would be so proud.

Poop. It is a wonderful thing. So keep it coming!

P.S. I will spare you all the pictures. But, I kid you not, they were perfect round balls of poop.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps she needs a new message t-shirt --- something like "No shit" or "Little Shit". I wonder what that would look like in Chinese?

And all kidding aside, I know exactly how she feels.

Lucky you, Martha, you've already hit upon 3 hot topics in toddlerhood. Food. Sleep. And poop.
Next, you'll have to work on that sharing thing. Sounds like with play dates already in the works, that'll happen pretty soon, too.

Thinking of you and wishing I could get to the library more often.

Donna

Starla said...

Dear Martha,
I am so happy about your beautiful angel! I cannot wait to see her at Melissa's soire in January. Safe travels and much happiness!

Love,
Starla

The Princess's Mommy said...

Martha,

You crack me up! Welcome to parenthood...a little poop makes us so very happy! Have a wonderful day with your angel!
Monica

Melody Hilyer said...

If anyone could ahve given me any advice before flying to China, I wish it had been on pooping. It would have been more needed than what to eat and not eat or what sites to see!
Many happy poopings, and wait a few years, you'll be in a another poopy fiasco...poopooing on the potty! Many safe returns, melody (COTW family)

Anonymous said...

Martha,
All the pictures, comments and joy this blog brings to all of us, the "poop" announcement was LOL good!! You can hear the love in all your messages....SO VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!! Thanks for all the updates
Kathi

Julie Parr said...

Isn't it funny the things that really excite us as parents! Poop! I told you your life would never ever be the same.

Julie

hngsmom said...

Ah, the joys of motherhood! To think that now all of your adult conversations revolve around bodily functions--and they aren't yours! (Apparently that happens again when you hit age 60...)

As for sleep, I for one, my dear friend, am laughing my a** off--welcome to my world! The next time any one asks what you might want for a Christmas or birthday present, don't be surprised to find yourself answering, "All I really want is 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep..."

Keeping all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Beth