BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, December 2, 2007

We are now in Guangzhou









Hi, sorry for being so long to post, but it has been a busy time. Yesterday, Isabell took her first flight in country. Thank goodness she was great. Drank apple juice the whole way and sleep part of the time. Mommy and Grandmary were very happy about that one. Our group was late getting to the airport so I took a crash course in getting a baby through security. Here's how it goes...strip baby, collapse stoller, throw back pack on conveyor belt, push Grandmary through, grab kid and all your stuff, get out to the way of others or you will be run over. Other than that it was fine. Here's a pic to prove it!

Now we are in Guangzhou and settled into the Holiday Inn. Last night we had dinner at "I Love Lucy's". Let's just say I was never so happy to see a plate of green veggies in all my life. After eating Burger King, McDonald's and KFC for a week, I just wanted some "real" food! Plus of course, Grandmary and I had a couple glasses of wine a nice Santa Rita.


After finishing our wine and getting back to the hotel, the three of us passed out for a good 10 hours of sleep. I have never been so tired and envigorated at the same time. Grandmary is doing really well helping Isabell and me in our new adventure. She has not killed me yet, although I must say she has had every right to as I holler out...."get a bottle, grab a rag, get diaper, no it's in that suitcase, make the bottle and finally pour the wine"!


Here are some sites around our hotel of the local market. One of the most amazing things to me is the dicotomy of the old and the new around us. The market sells rabbits, dogs, fishs, spices, and sack and sack of saffron.



A wonderfully fun occurance happened today, as we came up a bunch of school chilren learning English. My mother, the school teacher, loved it as they asked her to quiz them with questions they had written on paper.














The topper today was our visit the White Swan Hotel and the infamous red couch. Pat, our direct headed up a lovely Thanksgiving ceremony for the children and their parents. I have never been more thankful in all my life to have this wonderful, precious gift. Enjoy the pics! Sam is on the left and Cole on the right. Isabell has them eating out of the palm of her hand...such a girl.

4 comments:

The Princess's Mommy said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE the pictures. The three of them on the red couch is priceless! I was so happy when we got to Guangzhou! It's nice there, isn't it. How fun meeting the school children. What stories you will have to share with Isabell when she is older! Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Love,
Monica

Laurie said...

Hi Martha!

Thanks so much for the updates! It's wonderful to read them and see all of you in the pictures. Give my love to Mary Catherine and Miss Isabell.

Love,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Hi Martha,
i really enjoy your clips, thank you for sharing it with us. i'm happy for your new family.
God Bless You, can't wait to see her play with Novita.

Lina

Anonymous said...

Dear, Gallahue girls. The pictures are wonderful. Little Isabelle looks like a real "southern belle", with her smocked dress---just adorable-- and holding court with 2 guys, precious. Love all the udates and can't wait to hear all the stories. Love to you all. Joy and I are planning to come to the airport Thursday. Pat